DJ Sue

DJ Sue
Welcome to my blog. I’m a DJ in Second Life and I find myself discussing the music I’m playing with many of those in attendance at my shows. Unfortunately, when I am busy DJing, I can’t participate and discuss the music as fully as I would like. I’m hoping this blog can help change that. Look here before my set to see if I might be playing something interesting today or maybe after to see if discussion on a topic might continue. You are invited to join in the conversation and leave comments.

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Ganymed


There are people who come to my shows who try to stump me with requests.  They make a big deal when they do, despite the fact that I always say that it isn’t that hard.  Such was the case last night when one of the attendees, Annie Bouevier, sent me a Youtube link to a video, asking me if I was familiar with a band. The video was of a performance of a song called It Takes Me Higher by a band called Ganymed (no final “e” as in the Greek hero or the Jovian moon).  She got me and, like I said, it’s not that hard to do.  The truth is, I don’t think she was trying to stump me at all and was just making good conversation.

Here was a band I had never heard of, so I did a little research after my set.  Wikipedia describes them as an “Austrian/German space disco band.” I watched the video and was reminded of another European Disco band I had never heard of until my friend Ashra Lang introduced me to it, Boney M.  It turns out they had three albums and experienced a modicum of success.  I have now assimilated Ganymed into my music library and they are available for requests.

I was originally going to make this entry as a comment to my Disco post yesterday, but with graphics and such, I felt it warranted its own short write up.  Below are their three albums and at the very bottom is the video that started off this quest of mine.  Enjoy.



Takes You Higher (1978)
It Takes Me Higher
Robot Love
Wonderful Girl
Ju-Jupiter
Movin’ All Stars
Hyperspace
Saturn
Movin’ on a Disco Planet
Come on and Dance
S’punk
Music Drives Me Crazy


Future World (1979)
Future World
Black Hole Five
Prelude
Captain’s Wife
Interlude
We Like You (the Way You Like Us)
Stand By Your Love
Dancing in a Disco


Dimension No. 3 (1980)
Bring Your Love
I Want You
One Day Fool
Life Can Be Some Better
Rollerskater
Hypershooter
Death to the Alien

Here is the video.  I warn you that the sound is soft.  You will need to turn up the volume to hear it.  Don't forget to turn it back down.

No comments:

Post a Comment