DJ Sue

DJ Sue
Welcome to my blog. I’m a DJ in Second Life and I find myself discussing the music I’m playing with many of those in attendance at my shows. Unfortunately, when I am busy DJing, I can’t participate and discuss the music as fully as I would like. I’m hoping this blog can help change that. Look here before my set to see if I might be playing something interesting today or maybe after to see if discussion on a topic might continue. You are invited to join in the conversation and leave comments.

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Welcome to my Blog!

Yes!  I’ve started a blog.  Why?  Lots of reasons.  Very often, the songs in my sets start discussions.  When I’m DJing, it’s not always easy for me to say everything I want, or to share all the information that I know.  This seems to be a perfect place for me to share, and for all of us to discuss the music.  Please feel free to leave comments and discuss the music and other pertinent topics.

I have also done what I call “mini sets” in the past.  These sets will spotlight a particular artist or band with four to six songs in a row.  I have done this when an artist has passed away, or just to remember an almost forgotten band.  I hope that I can provide more information on these spotlights here.  I will try to even put up the post before the set so you can know the mini set will be featured and read up ahead of time.

Besides discussing the music, this blog will afford me the opportunity to share with you what I’m working on, and where I will be doing special sets.  Often I do benefits and other special gigs and this blog can serve as a place to collect all of these announcements into a single location instead of being shared piecemeal in notices to various groups.  I will also be able to share some of the remixes I have done, or will do.  There are already two uploaded that you can listen to near the bottom of the home page.

I hope this can be a place where you can share your ideas with me for new sets and themes.  Last night, through discussion at AWT (the set wasn’t even mine), I find myself doing a special retrospective on Michael Jackson.  Please share your suggestions in the comments area.  Maybe others will chime in with their thoughts and special sets, or mini sets, can be put together.  I hope this can become a musical community of sorts.

I doubt I will post for every set, but I hope to at least once a week.  So please check back often, or better yet, click on the button near the top of the right side column on this blog and follow me.

No comments:

Post a Comment