DJ Sue

DJ Sue
Welcome to my blog. I’m a DJ in Second Life and I find myself discussing the music I’m playing with many of those in attendance at my shows. Unfortunately, when I am busy DJing, I can’t participate and discuss the music as fully as I would like. I’m hoping this blog can help change that. Look here before my set to see if I might be playing something interesting today or maybe after to see if discussion on a topic might continue. You are invited to join in the conversation and leave comments.

Saturday, July 23, 2011

New Member of the 27 Club... Amy Winehouse (1983 - 2011)

I have another death to report.  Amy Winehouse was found dead in her flat in London today and her death has been called “unexplained" by Police.  She was 27 years old and the latest member of the 27 Club that I wrote about last month.  Her troubles with drugs and alcohol were well documented but there is no word as to whether they played any part in her death.

Winehouse was a native of the UK and came out with her first album in 2003.  It was her second and final album that rocked the music industry.  She released Back to Black in 2006.  It peaked at #1 on the British charts and #7 in the USA.  Five singles from that album charted and she won three Grammys, Record of the Year, Song of the Year, and Best Female Pop Vocal Performance.  Lady Gaga has credited Winehouse for paving the way for her own success.

I will do a Mini Set in tribute to Amy today.  Here are the songs I intend to play…

You Know I’m no Good
Valerie (w/Mark Ronson)
Back to Black
Fuck Me Pumps
Rehab

No comments:

Post a Comment