DJ Sue

DJ Sue
Welcome to my blog. I’m a DJ in Second Life and I find myself discussing the music I’m playing with many of those in attendance at my shows. Unfortunately, when I am busy DJing, I can’t participate and discuss the music as fully as I would like. I’m hoping this blog can help change that. Look here before my set to see if I might be playing something interesting today or maybe after to see if discussion on a topic might continue. You are invited to join in the conversation and leave comments.

Friday, July 22, 2011

Radio DJ Drowns


It is with profound sadness that I report the passing of a great female DJ and radio personality.  Allison Harte, who became famous on Michigan’s classic rock radio station, WLAV FM, was taken off life support today after being found unresponsive in her swimming pool Tuesday night.  Allison rose to fame in the early 1980s at the classic rock station where she was much beloved by her listeners and helped to build WLAV’s fan base, giving them a preeminent place in the market.

She is survived by her husband, Roger Dykstra, daughter, Brittany, two stepsons, her parents and siblings.  WLAV has posted a remembrance page that can be found here.  You are invited to post your thoughts and memories.  On that page, a couple of people refer to her by her real name, Prudence Dykstra.  The Dykstra family is in our thoughts and prayers tonight.

The Righteous Brothers said that Rock and Roll Heaven had a hell of a band.  They now have another jock to play their records.

No comments:

Post a Comment